In our 2022 Tried & Tested, yacht toy specialist EAMS and a group of captains and crew review a selection of the very best luxury water toys on the market. Find out which toy was crowned the winner...
MTN Communications announced it has expanded its communications and content business through maritime operators in Europe. As a result, the company has increased its office staff and space in Southampton, UK. The MTN Southampton office is one of seven around the world and houses sales, project management, technical and logistics professionals.
MTN attributes growth in Europe to its ongoing transformation of communications on the world’s waterways to make it more akin to a land-like experience. Recent contract wins include the following brands that look to MTN for these innovative services for passengers, offshore employees and crew:
· Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines – an extension of a four-year relationship with this UK-based operator, including enhanced on-board crew voice and connectivity options, as well as MTN Worldwide TV (MTN TV).
· P&O Ferries – Europe’s leading and largest ferry company has selected MTN as its provider for on-board communications for its fleet. This new partnership will serve 11 vessels transporting approximately eight million passengers annually.
· Silversea Cruises – a substantial increase in broadband connectivity for this Italian-owned cruise operator includes satellite and Wi-Fi infrastructure upgrades, and broader entertainment, data and voice services.
· Technip – an expansion of communications services to vessels in its fleet globally, this leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry is doubling its number of MTN-serviced vessels.
· TUI Cruises – an extension to MTN’s existing relationship with this German-based joint venture with Royal Caribbean and TUI AG to provide communications and content onboard its two new builds.
MTN brings a history of pioneering several industry firsts, including an inaugural live video broadcast at sea for the U.S. Government, the first internet café on a cruise ship and an unmatched live, worldwide maritime television service. In addition, MTN launched the industry’s first hybrid satellite and terrestrial maritime broadband communications network as part of an ecosystem of advanced computing and caching solutions.
Chris Leber, of MTN said “MTN brings extensive maritime communications experience to Europe, along with a tenured staff and partner base in the region. We are known for innovating new solutions that exceed the requirements of passengers and crew today. Our focus includes addressing the needs of the exploding Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) passenger and crew community. We are very excited to welcome new MTN employees and customers in the region.”
For more information please visit MTN
In this Tried & Tested, yacht cleaning expert Marine 16 Ltd and cleaning expert Judith Shaw rate and review some of the best cleaning products available to buy. Find out which product was crowned the best following rigorous testing.
Europe’s longest-running superyacht regatta Superyacht Cup Palma is well and truly underway with another day of sparklin...
Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) has launched a new themed exhibition known as Adventure Area, dedicated to adventure, exploratio...