Sanlorenzo returns to sole Italian ownership

Italian yard Sanlorenzo has returned to being 100% Italian-owned.

Chairman and chief executive Massimo Perotti has bought back 23% of the company’s shares from Chinese company Sundiro Holding.

The shares were originally sold in 2013 to safeguard the company against the financial crisis, while simultaneously helping to develop the Chinese market for boats under 20 metres.

Talking to Italian newspaper La Stampa, Perotti explained the shares were resold to him as a result of the Chinese market failing to “take off” and Sundiro experiencing a liquidity problem.

The latest development comes after Perotti bought back the 16% stake previously sold to Fondo Italiano di Investimento last year.

It means the Perotti family now owns 96% of the company shares while Sanlorenzo management holds the remaining 4%.

Perotti said he expects revenue to increase by up to 20% in 2019 compared to 2018’s reported €380 million (c. £337,210,000).

He also revealed the company will invest €100 million by 2020, with 52% of that invested in new facilities, 42% in new products and 6% in research and development.

For more information, visit Sanlorenzo. Sign up to our newsletter to get the best of Yachting Pages delivered direct to your inbox every month.


Yachting News
June 17, 2022
Tried & Tested: Best Water Toys 2022
Tried & Tested: Best Water Toys 2022

In our 2022 Tried & Tested, yacht toy specialist EAMS and a group of captains and crew review a selection of the very best luxury water toys on the market. Find out which toy was crowned the winner...

By Hannah Rankine
March 12, 2021
Tried & Tested: Best Yacht Crew Polo Shirts
Tried & Tested: Best Yacht Crew Polo Shirts

In this Tried & Tested, clothing specialist Sea Design conducts a review into the best yacht crew polo shirts on the market. Which garment comes out on top when put to the test? Find out the number one option...

By Nathan Bees
January 21, 2021
Tried & Tested: Best Yacht Cleaning Products
Tried & Tested: Best Yacht Cleaning Products

In this Tried & Tested, yacht cleaning expert Marine 16 Ltd and cleaning expert Judith Shaw rate and review some of the best cleaning products available to buy. Find out which product was crowned the best following rigorous testing.

By Yachting Pages

Finished reading? Now find your perfect supplier.

Search our industry-leading directory for over 20,000 superyacht suppliers, providers and marinas.

Search now